Heat has been used for thousands of years as a non-invasive therapy to treat pain and illness. Much like a fever heat therapy, also known as thermotherapy, safely raises the core temperature of body to promote healing.
While many people are familiar with the benefits of saunas, this option is often not practical for busy people or those with serious health conditions. However, thanks to Far Infrared (FIR) technology now you can enjoy the remarkable benefits of heat therapy in the comfort of you own home or at the office.
Unlike regular heating pads, the FIR heat emitted from a Bio-Mat penetrates up to 6” into the body. This deep penetrating heat has many benefits, including:
- Increasing peripheral blood flow
- Boosting the immune system
- Increasing cellular metabolism, including mitochondrial activity
- Inducing a parasympathetic response in the nervous system generating a sense of wellbeing
- Burning calories
- Temporarily reducing local and systemic inflammation and pain
- Improving skin tone and appearance